道歉
A:I do beg your pardon for the mistake I’ve made.请您一定原谅我所犯的错误。
B:It’s OK. That can happen to the rest of us.没关系,谁都会发生这种事情。
换现金、零钱
A:Excuse me. Could you please break this five into some coins for me? I want to make a call.对不起,打扰一下。您能帮我把这张五元钱换成零钱吗?我想要打个电话。
B:Sure. What would you like?可以。您想要怎么换?
A:How about two dollars in quarters and the rest in dimes and nickels?二十五美分的换两元,其余的换成十美分和五美分的。
B:Let me see. Good, I happen to have enough. There you go.让我看看,也许…还行,我正巧有这些硬币。给你。
A:It's so kind of you.非常感谢。
B:Not at all.不客气。
在机场
A:We’re supposed to check in at the Air China’s counter 30 minutes before take-off, Joe.我们得在起飞前30 分钟到中国国际航空公司柜台前检票,乔(人名)。
B:Yes, I know. The boarding time on the ticket says 17:05, and now it’s 16:15. I guess we have plenty of time.我知道。机票上写的登机时间是17 点5 分,现在是16 点15 分。我看我们的时间还很充裕。
A:Do we need to show our ID cards when checking in?检票登机的时候要出示身份证吗?
B:Yes. It’s essential.当然,这是最基本的。
A:What about our luggage?我们的行李怎么办?
B:We can check it and hand carry the small bags. And we have to open each for inspection.行李可以托运,小的包裹随身带着。我们还得把每个包裹都打开以供检查。
A:Are they going to frisk all the passengers?他们要搜查每个乘客的身体吗?
B:I think so. We certainly don’t want a highjack to happen on the plane today.我想是的。我们当然不希望在今天的飞机上发生劫机事件。